Transporting hazardous waste
Proper handling and transporting of hazardous waste can reduce the possibility of accidental spills.
When bringing hazardous waste to household hazardous waste collection services, take the following precautions:
- Don't mix products.
- Keep products in their original containers. (At the Factoria household hazardous waste drop-off site, gasoline containers are not returned to customers.)
- Label products that aren’t in their original containers.
- Secure products so they can't tip over and/or leak. Transport similar containers in cardboard boxes NOT garbage bags/bins, etc.
- Secure the Load (external link) in the vehicle or trailer. Vehicles arriving at public or private transfer stations in King County with unsecured loads can be charged an unsecured load fee (external link).
- Store products away from the passenger compartment and separate waste products from those that will be retained.
- Owners must unload their own vehicles, except at the Auburn Wastemobile and traveling Wastemobile
To request a visit call 206-263-8899 or fill out the contact form below.