IMEX LISTING POLICY
Information provided through IMEX is supplied by the lister. Neither IMEX nor any advisor or employee thereof is liable for any information, error, representation, or makes any warranty, expressed or implied as to the accuracy or sufficiency of information concerning the material, service, or product/equipment offered through IMEX. IMEX is not responsible for the determination of what may constitute a hazardous, dangerous, or controlled substance or create a hazardous situation. It is the responsibility of the parties offering or obtaining materials listed in IMEX to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, statutes, ordinances and rules governing the manufacture, sale, and distribution, registration, licensing use or disposal of any such materials. IMEX reserves the right to not list a material, delist a material, or edit information provided by the listing company.
IMEX permits users to post links to outside websites where photos or more detailed descriptions of items may be found. IMEX has no control over the content to be found on any of these websites. Users should exercise extreme caution in visiting any website with which they are not personally familiar. IMEX assumes no responsibility for any consequences associated with visiting a website through a link at the IMEX website.
IMEX is not involved in actual transactions between users. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more users, you agree to release IMEX from all claims, demands and damages of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with the use of IMEX.
IMEX will only accept listings from the Pacific Northwest. Specifically, this means that listings will be accepted only from Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington (EPA Region 10).
It is the policy of IMEX not to act as an advertising medium for industrial materials re-sellers. This includes, but may not be limited to: industrial material brokers, liquidators, wholesalers, and/or retailers.
"Available" Materials Requirements
- Hazardous: Items that have the potential for use or are reusable by another party. This includes, but may not be limited to: used and unused hazardous materials, chemicals, and/or hazardous by-products of an industrial process. It is not the intent of IMEX to provide listing services for non-surplus commercial products that would otherwise be sold. Chemicals that have become potentially explosive1 should not be listed. Each party has the legal responsibility to determine whether a listed material is a hazardous waste, a hazardous material, or has become a potentially explosive chemical. IMEX does not make judgments or recommendations with respect to any legal requirements, particularly for storage, transportation, treatment, or disposal of hazardous materials.
- Non-hazardous: Items that have the potential for use or are reusable by another party, but currently have little to no market value. This includes, but may not be limited to: building materials, industrial equipment, scrap, industrial feedstock, and waste material consisting of paper, lumber, plastics, rubber, textiles and metals. It is the intent of IMEX to find free waste reuse, recycle or disposal services for businesses with surplus non-hazardous products and/or to find a free supply of these products for businesses that require them. It is not the intent of IMEX to provide listing services for non-surplus commercial products that would otherwise be sold. As such, these items must be listed as free but the lister may request reimbursement for shipping if applicable.
"Wanted" Materials Requirements
No specific limitations provided the listing meets other requirements of this Policy (geographic, content and participant requirements).
IMEX will not post listing requests that:
- Are false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Are fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- Infringe on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- Are defamatory, trade libelous, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing;
- Are obscene or contain child pornography or be otherwise adult in nature or harmful to minors;
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- Include any of the following: animals; artifacts; autographed items; credit cards; embargoed goods; firearms; human parts; lock picking devices or burglary tools; lottery tickets; mailing lists; over-the-counter as well as prescription drugs; real estate; stocks and other securities; weapons and knives; and any items identified by IMEX to be explosives (for example TNT, bullets, blasting caps, and fireworks) or chemicals that have become potentially explosive.
- Create liability for Public Health, Seattle & King County or the Local Hazardous Waste Management Program in King County or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet Service Providers or other suppliers; and
- Link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that are prohibited under this Policy or that you do not have a right to link to or include.
For more information, please contact IMEX directly at (206) 263-8465, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org